Friday, April 6, 2007

Deviled Eggs

My sister remembers with horror the Christmas of 1977. I was 4 years old & decided to help myself to a deviled egg. I don't really remember what happened, but I've been told several times that the platter ended up on the floor & no one had deviled eggs that Christmas. Amy, 6 years old at the time, actually cried.

So deviled eggs is my other contribution to Easter dinner. Amy & I make these together, but I'm more of a helper. These eggs have actually become her specialty & they are by no means your ordinary deviled eggs. The filling consists of egg yolks, mayonaise, mustard, sweet pickle relish, radishes, green onions, & salt, giving the eggs a confetti-like appearance. There is always leftover egg mixture, but it never goes to waste at our house. My great-uncle James takes it home with him, saying it makes a great egg salad sandwich.

Deviled Eggs
Start with 18 boiled eggs. Half & set whites aside, place yolks in mixing bowl.
Finely chop 10 radishes & one bunch of green onions (greens only); set aside. Add mayonaise & mustard to egg yolks, a little at a time until to desired consistency (filling should not be too thin). Add 3 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish, radishes & green onions, mix well. Add salt to taste. Pipe or spoon filling into eggs. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Cate said...

Mmm, had a craving for deviled eggs last week and made a batch; haven't had them in ages. Delish.

sis2non said...

That is my only bad Christmas memory. Aren't you ashamed of yourself?!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS