The Interview Meme post I saw on Cucina Bella looked like fun, so I had to jump in. Sarah sent me these questions…
1. You are relatively new to food blogging. What made you start your blog and what are some of the goals you have for it? I love to cook & also to share my favorite recipes & attempts in the kitchen. I also enjoy writing, so I started this blog as a way to bring my favorite interests together. My goal is to challenge myself & hopefully to inspire & entertain whoever reads my blog.
2. How did you learn to cook and who were your biggest influences in learning? My mom & my great-grandma were my biggest influences in cooking. I was always watching & “helping”. I also learned a lot by reading different cookbooks & experimenting with the recipes that captured my interest.
3. You recently wrote about hot dog night and a canasta game and the hot dogs really caught my eye. What do you put on your hot dogs and why that combination? I eat my hot dogs with chili, slaw & onion. I’m not really sure how that combination came about – it’s what I’ve grown up with. It’s interesting how hot dog toppings vary depending on where you live – I know people in Ohio who’ve never heard of putting slaw on a hot dog.
4. How would you characterize your cooking? Some people are more into "whole foods" while others prefer the convenience of "semi-homemade." Where do you fall? I think I fall in the middle. I’m trying to move away from processed foods & want to use more organic ingredients. Most of my future recipes will reflect that. I’m also a nostalgic cook – a lot of my best memories revolve around food & I like recreating those meals & desserts.
5. When you aren't blogging, what do you do? I love reading & also enjoy digital scrapbooking, antiquing, traveling, spending time with my 7 year old niece, Allyson & our crazy beagle, Shiloh.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE INTERVIEW MEME
1. Leave a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. Beware, I'm not shy of asking personal questions! Please make sure I have your email address.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.