Monday, June 25, 2007

Blueberry Corn Muffins


I absolutely love cornbread. Last week I watched Bobby Flay grill corn muffins & top them with a homemade blueberry butter. They looked delicious & have been in the back of my mind ever since. So when I noticed a pint of blueberries in the refrigerator this evening, I decided to make corn muffins & add the blueberries right into the batter. I mixed up my regular cornbread recipe & folded the blueberries in at the very end. I was pleased with how they turned out & they are not quite as sweet as a regular muffin. Spread with a little butter or drizzled with honey, they make a great breakfast treat. Give these a try for Sweetnicks' ARF/5-A-Day Tuesdays.


Blueberry Corn Muffins
Yields 12 muffins
1 package cornbread mix (6 ounces)
1 cup self-rising flour
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
1 pint of blueberries

Preheat oven to 425. Grease muffin tin - set aside. Combine all ingredients exept blueberries; mix well. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden on top.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS