Thursday, August 23, 2007

Oh My! Chai


I am in love with Chai (pronounced as a single syllable and rhymes with 'pie'). I'm sure most people reading this know what Chai is, but for those who don't, Chai is a spiced milk tea that has become very popular. It is made up of black tea, milk, various spices including cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves & sweetener. It has replaced my usual latte when I stop at the coffee shop or bookstore & I usually keep a few varieties on hand at home. My favorite blend, which I discovered last fall, is from Tastefully Simple. For an even better treat, I mix it with hot milk instead of water. It's become like aromatherapy for me - the minute I smell the warm spice blend I feel relaxed & calm. It has a soothing effect & is perfect for a night in front of the fire with a good book or any time you want to relax. I just finished a cup & it's still 95 degrees outside.

Other good brands to try at home are Tazo & General Foods International Chai Latte (use milk, not water with GFI brand).

What's your favorite chai drink?

1 comment:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I am a big Chai fan as well. I also love the Chai Frappucino at Starbucks in the summer....what...all year round!!!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS