Sunday, January 27, 2008

JELLO PARFAITS


Today I decided to make a dessert that we had pretty often growing up - Jello parfaits. My mom used to make them all the time & my sister, cousins & I would eat them up & beg for more. I wanted to use lemon Jello today, but since Mike doesn't like it, I used strawberry instead. It's a great low carb dessert if you use sugar-free Jello & light ice cream. Oh, from the picture below, you can tell Shiloh gave his approval.

Jello Parfaits

3 boxes of Jello (4 serving size)
3 cups boiling water
1 cup cold water
1 cup vanilla ice cream

Empty Jello packets into a large bowl. Add 3 cups of boiling water; stir until dissolved. Reserve 1 cup in a separate bowl, cover with aluminum foil. Do not refrigerate (leave on counter). To remaining 2 cups, add 1 cup of cold water; cover & refrigerate until set.

Once refrigerated Jello is set, fluff with a fork.

Add slightly softened vanilla ice cream to reserved 1 cup of Jello, mix well.

Alternately layer Jello & Jello/ice cream mixture in small cups or parfait glasses.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS