Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cherry Cheese Pie

I was planning to fix Cherry Cheese Pie for our Valentine's Day dessert, but when Mike saw all the ingredients, he wanted me to fix it yesterday. I love this dessert & remember the 1st time my aunt made it; my sister & I were pretty young & would eat only the cherries, leaving the filling behind. How times have changed!!

I did make the mistake of using only 1/4 cup of lemon juice, which caused my filling to be a little less firm than it should have been. I didn't get picture-perfect slices, but the taste was still the same. pic to come tonight

Cherry Cheesepie
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled

In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in Eagle Brand milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into crust; chill 4 hours or until set. Top with desired amount of cherry pie filling before serving.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I haven't had this pie in years, it was always one of my favorites.

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS