Monday, May 26, 2008

Champagne Honeydew Slush


Nothing beats a slushy drink on a hot day. So when my boss told me about a honeydew drink she makes using champagne, I had to try it out. Saturday was the perfect day as it was so hot outside. This drink has a light, refreshing taste & makes you feel cool all over. And it's a beautiful color. It would be perfect garnished with skewered melon ball picks. I think I might try it out with watermelon next weekend.

Champagne Honeydew Slush
3 cups cubed ripe honeydew melon
1/3 cup sugar
10 ice cubes
1 bottle of champagne

Place honeydew, ice & sugar in blender. Process into slushy. Place about 2 Tablespoons full into glass. Top with champagne.

TIP: For a nonalcoholic version, substitute lemon-lime carbonated beverage for the champagne.

1 comment:

Lynee Zajac Beck said...

Just made this... watch out! It goes down sooo easily. What a yummy treat for a 100 degree day.

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS