Sunday, October 19, 2008

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


My friend Megan brought in some peanut butter cookies on Thursday. They were absolutely delicious & put me in the mood for my peanut butter cup cookies. I love the combination of salty & sweet. I sent a dozen to both my mom & my brother-in-law so I wouldn't be tempted to eat them all up. Yes, they are that good.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (I use Jiff)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
36 miniature Reese Cups, unwrapped

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Stir in the peanut butter, then the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the peanut butter mixture until the dough comes together. Shape into 1 inch balls and press them into the cups of an ungreased mini muffin pan.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a mini chocolate covered peanut butter cup down into the center of each cookie until only the top is showing. Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing from their pans.

My mom's recipe for apple dumplings is coming soon. When she stopped by to pick up her cookies, she brought along a plateful of them, along with a homemade caramel syrup. Delicious & perfect for fall!

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS