Monday, March 12, 2007

Quick Toasted Bruschetta


Yesterday was a perfect lazy Sunday, but I still wanted to have a special treat waiting for Mike when he got home from work. I saw some beautiful french baguettes at the store, so I decided on bruschetta. I couldn't find any fresh basil, but then I remembered I had a bottle of balsamic basil dipping oil in the pantry, courtesy of Tastefully Simple. So while it wasn't my most elaborate bruschetta, it was still pretty good. Some chopped kalamati olives would have made it even better.

Quick Toasted Bruschetta
Half French Baguette, sliced into rounds
Balsamic Basil Dipping Oil
Chopped Plum Tomatoes
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese

Turn on broiler. Place bread rounds on cookie sheet, drizzle with balsamic basil dipping oil. Top with cheese & tomatoes. Broil until cheese is golden and bubbly.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS