Monday, February 16, 2009

Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts


I absolutely love roasted brussels sprouts. Admittedly not as much as I love them soft, mushy & coated with butter, but they are still incredibly delicious from the oven. And much healthier. Which is what we're all trying to be, right? This recipe uses balsamic vinegar, which gives the sprouts a nice caramelized finish with a sweet & nutty flavor. Delicious! My sister came in this evening as I was taking them from the oven & we stood there eating them right off the baking sheet. I'm kind of glad Mike doesn't like them...more for me.

Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts

1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 450 F. Put sprouts in mixing bowl and toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season with salt & pepper. Cover roasting pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Arrange sprouts in a single layer on roasting pan,cut side up and roast 10-12 minutes. Flip with a spatula, then roast anouther 10 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS