Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Cheesy Chicken & Noodles

My friend Mary first introduced me to Chicken Spaghetti & I immediately fell in love with it. I fixed it for my husband a few weeks ago & it has become one of his favorites, which would explain why I was fixing it again for yesterday's dinner. I've tweaked the recipe just a bit to suit our taste, exchanging the spaghetti for broad egg noodles (hence the name change) & adding shredded cheese to the sauce just before mixing with the noodles. I also use the Rotel labeled "milder" as the original is very hot. The recipe is a great way to make use of leftover chicken or you can cut up & saute chicken breasts or tenders. Some recipes call for canned chicken, but I don't recommend it.

Cheesy Chicken & Noodles
2 Tablespoons butter
1 pound chicken breast, cooked & cubed
1 small onion, chopped
2/3 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 can Rotel
8 cups chicken stock
KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese - 2 cup bag
1 bag broad egg noodles

For noodles, bring chicken stock to boil in large pan. Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet, add onion, saute until tender. Add cooked chicken, Rotel & Velveeta cheese. Simmer over low heat, stirring often, until cheese is melted. Add noodles to boiling stock, cook according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of stock. Return noodles to pan. Add Kraft shredded cheese to chicken mixture, adding reserved stock as needed to thin sauce. Pour sauce over noodles, stir to combine. Serve with salad & rolls.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Nice recipes I look forward to seeing some more.
All Kinds Of Reviews

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS